Your Library PIN (Personal Identification Number) can be 4 to 30 alphanumeric characters without dashes or spaces. If there was no PIN in your record, the system will accept the number you just keyed as your PIN, and you will be asked to enter it again as verification. For security purposes, instead of seeing the actual numbers on the screen, the user will see asterisks or bullets displayed as the new PIN is entered.
How to Change Your PIN
1. Log In to your Library record
Forgot your PIN?
There are five ways we can help if you've forgotten your PIN:
1. If you're in the Library, staff at any service desk will reset it. To safeguard your security, staff will need your address, birth date and your library card or a current picture ID
2. Call 415-557-4400 for help
3. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for help
4. Online with the SFPL Text & Chat service.
5. Please enter your Library Card number below. You will receive an email
with instructions on how to reset your PIN.